Wednesday, January 27, 2010

New Town, New Haircut...


Outfit Details:
Dress: Vintage, found in Warwick.
Cardigan: Cotton On, shortened by me.
Lipstick: Revlon Really Red.
Haircut: Garth.



Well, I wouldn’t say Garth was a master barber at any stretch of the imagination, but I don’t mind this new haircut. He followed the diagram pretty much to the letter, and I think it looks quite like the wartime standard cuts of the 40’s – above the collar, side part, etc. It’s just too short to put up now though, which means I’ll have to pincurl it every second night. I suppose that just means I’ll get much faster at it! Maybe I’m imagining it, but I think it sort of looks like these girls..?


We decided to go for a walk yesterday from our house to Chapel Street for a $4 pizza at the Lucky Coq (a bar.) It was a nice walk – it doesn’t get dark her until after 8pm, so there was plenty of time.



The route we took also has a good variety of Laundromats.




I can’t describe what I like about them so much. Maybe it’s the fact that wherever you are in the world, they all look the same? It’s strangely comforting. Or something.

8 comments:

  1. LOVE your hair...could work with 30s, 40, 50s looks and beyond!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks- I was quite worried about the length!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the hair looks great! Not being able to tie it back isn't fun, but it looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to Melbs!
    I think your hair looks great, as does your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bless your husband, he did a really good job! You look lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always the prettiest girl on blogs. i love your dress.

    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad I've stumbled upon your beautiful blog. Your hair looks as pretty as a picture! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The whole hair cutting thing is very brave of you and very adorable of Garth

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!