Friday, November 13, 2009

Date Night...

It's been a while since our last date night. We've both been busy with work and planning the move. But last night, he wanted ice cream and I wanted absinthe, so off we went!



We went to Belle Epoque, one of the nicest french places in town, complete with beautiful decor, french waiters and a cocktail list as long as my arm. Garth had a "Down the Rabbit Hole" (I think it had strawberry, whiskey and egg whites as the main ingredients) and I had a "Bohemian Mojito," which was basically a mojito with absinthe. Both were excellent, I'm pleased to report.



We went next door to Freestyle Tout, a dessert restaurant, where Garth had White Chocolate and Berry Brioche Dumplings, and I was silly and ordered the Macadamia Chocolate Brownie. Oh, my, goodness. There was no way I was getting through it all. Total chocolate overload.



It was a nice night. You can sort of see my dress - I made it myself actually. Pretty proud of that one. You can't really tell in the dark, but my hair is reddish now. I'll try to take some good photos in the sunlight today and you can let me know what you think...

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! I adore absinthe... not so keen on how it makes me feel the next morning though because just one never seems to be enough!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!