Saturday, October 9, 2010

1930's Paper Dolls...

Aussie girls may know about Frankie magazine. For those who don't - check it out, it's lovely. Case in point: These great books they sent me. The Gallery of Tasmania has released a collection of hand painted paper dolls by Joan Pitman. She was born in 1917 and started making paper dolls at the age of 14. She went on to design costumes and sets for various theatre companies in the 1940's and when she died, her family donated her work to the gallery, who have reproduced the dolls in these books. Ace!










Thanks Frankie!

9 comments:

  1. those look fantastic. Must check out! THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is fantastic! Can you bear to cut the dolls out, or will it stay in book form?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love love love paper dolls...wonderful collection~ my daughter enjoys then also ~Thanks for sharing ~Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I loved paper dolls when I was little - still do! How lovely :)

    Vintage Belle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow those are amazing - what a special thing to get, I really love her designs :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!