Tuesday, December 14, 2010

New Dress Design...

I had a few spare hours in the studio yesterday and decided to use up this blue knit fabric I've had for a while.
I drafted a simple pattern with raglan style sleeves and a pussy bow neckline. I decided to use two darts either side of the waist to bring it in a bit.

Pattern ready for cutting...



Raglan sleeve...


Darts marked...


Pinned...


Sewn...


It turned out ok...




I wore it with my great aunt's marcasite brooch.


So, this style is now available from the shop!

11 comments:

  1. thats so pretty how clever of you!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, it 's gorgeous! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh to be able to whip up something this gorgeous in a few hours! Or even a few weeks...

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, thats amazing! And its a great color on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stumbles upon your blog tonight, and What a GEM it is!!!!
    Your style is immaculate! And your craftiness is inspiring!
    Such a pleasure, thankyou!

    xErin
    anodetoreverie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got sense of style. Very fashionable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful outfit, gorgeous color

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely colour! Interesting to see a Raglan sleeve, I love them wish more clothing had them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOohhhhh I am in love with your dress!!! I love everything! you look great! I WANT IT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sometimes I deeply wish both my hands weren't the left ones. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!